So, what do you want me to say? That I was travelling to exotic locations and post pictures of them? Or that I was busy in the concluding talks of multi billion dollar deals? Or that I got married and am already pregnant with quintuplets nows?
None of that has happenend. None of that will ever happen. I have a boring desk job. I travel the same 20 kilometeres day in and out - get stuck in similar sounding traffic (everyone honks; everyone shouts; who cares) every single day; look at the same applications on the desktop; dial the same BT Meet Me number.
So in the above routine the only "different" thing that happens is the conference call entry code that I punch. Im sure you would not want to know the standard deviation of all the various numbers I punch in , to get into a call where you have people from different countries speaking the same language but sounding so damn different that at the end of the call you feel like you've just heard PV Narasimha Rao sleepily mutter in all the 18 languages he knew.
And while I struggle to keep my eyelids open, I learn to empathise with our former minister HD Deve Gowda at all the UN summits he attended.
But seriously - I would have loved to have been this marketing executive who writes about sausages made from pig's blood or this really funny lady who makes even mundane stuff sound fun or keep abreast of all the politics and sports events and rant about unsuspecting victims to my rage. But since I do nothing even remotely resembling any of the above, I just shut my crap hole and continue doing what I do best - attending conference calls.
So well, having shattered all the myths about me leading a meaningful existence over the past couple of months, lets move on to more mundane aspects of life ...
- The blog was off for a brief period of time (NO VIP Frenchie jokes there please); due to inexplicable reasons, but since none of you noticed - why the heck am I explaining anyways?
- My cluttered up personal life has just become a little un-cluttered. What with an astrologer (may Lord make sure all his grandchildren get into the IIMs - not the Shillong IIM though) blaming my family and not me for me not getting married :D
- My professional life which earlier consisted of reading Dilbert and the above linked blogs has just decided to compensate to the fact the my personal life is uncluttered and has become messy beyond all imagination. Yes. Im busy. (wow! I've always wanted to say that atleast once in my lifetime :D)
- Im taking a vacation next month. I know "Im busy" and "Im taking a vacation" dont really deserve bullet points one below the other; but you must understand that Im a person who used to live on company charity and am now made to work. I need to rejuevenate(right ishpelling?) myself ... Ive effectively worked for a full two hours the whole of last one month.
- Marriage is a distant word now-a-days. Not that the family isnt trying, but I guess they ran out of stock of all the eligible bachelors out there. So *sigh of relief* for that.
- Saying "Investment Banking" is like being the Emperor with the new clothes. And I work for a company that has a lot to do with Investment Banking. (sheesh I said that word now. Did my clothes just dissappear?). Now is So not a time to be associated with that IB word.
So there. now you are as up-to-date on my life as much as the viewers of Big Boss2 are about Jane Goody's health situation.
Lets get down to meaningful work now. Ive been tagged ages ago and I have promised all of these people who'd tagged me that I WOULD do their tag. Im not about to let them down.(let them take the elevator instead*)
* - if you didnt get that joke, forget it, it is pathetic, even by the standard of a PJ.
PS - I know this is heresy - coming from an ABjr fan; but did you also feel that the man looks positively ugly in the trailors of Drona? or is it just me and my change of attitude now that he is married and shows no signs of divorce?