Thursday, May 26

My Tryst With Books or is just Destiny?

I got into another of Mad impulses to buy a book. I had restrained my self the same way the guy in Hannibal was ... well , only that it was mentally and not physically ! However , Sajid came along and said he wanted to buy a file , my brain gave a warning bell just then , but nonetheless I followed him into that fated bookstore. ( Psst .. everytime i see a new addition there , I feel proud , cos Im also a reason for that new piece of furniture or the new painting , or even the Peter England shirt of the guy who owns that store ! .. sadly my dad feels just the opposite ! )

I picked up a couple of books by Stephen King by the time you could have said "Jack the Rabbit" !

My friend ... Sajid had not yet chosen his file , and i had already embarked on the hunt for the 3rd book. Mercifully the Lord decided to show Sajid his file just then , and so I walked out poorer by a good 650 bucks ! Bless the inventor of Plastic money , cos i didnt even feel that i had spent it :D
Now I am agonised everytime the postman uncle (uncle mat kaho naa) threatens to take a walk down my street ... My dad could choke me with his lamentations of credit cards , the young generation, the falling values of money etc etc , and do everything but say I am responsible for the semi nude snaps of Saddam Hussien in the Times ! Well , that day is atleast a good 15 days away from now .... so I can just go for another bout of book shopping , well ... you see Ive finished the books in the past week already ... and am raring to go behind another author and his tale of fantasy..................................................................................................................................................

No comments: