Tuesday, October 4

Tujhse Naaraz Nahin Zindagi - Part II

A vague sense of satisfaction rippled through me, I had never thought of the measly kid as mine , but when the couple took the kid into their arms .... I felt a sense of elation , a thrill of sucess ran through me.

I can feel the same smug feeling now that I see this old man here die without a soul to even come forth to cremate his body. For 25 years I have sat here in front of his home , waiting for this day to come. Now I can die, peacefully.
After everything, God I offer my prayers to you, and you my dear dishonest courtesan....I can only tell you I am not angry at you ...Tujhse naaraz nahin zindagi, for I a lowly beggar woman have had my revenge against this society today and now ...... Revenge is like wine they say, gets better and sweeter as it grows cold. To me a beggar woman, who has been getting stale and cold food served daily, no leftover or no cold stale piece roti ever tasted sweeter than this revenge I can see today.

This 3 day old corpse that lays here in the porch of his house is exactly the revenge I seeked. I had never thought of the child as mine, but today I want to shout out from roof tops that HE belongs to me. HE finally has done what I have craved to do for so many years, HE, MY SON has exacted my revenge .... I want to kiss him and hold him with a motherly affection that I have never ever felt in my life. I guess this is not motherly affection either today, it is sheer jubilation of my victory.
Tujhse naaraz nahin zindagi .......

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

Tujhse naraz hai zindagi Arpana sweetheart....thoda thoda pada ke wait karwa rahi ho...makin us crib and crave...
ye achhi bat nahi hai!:)

arpana said...

Kya karoon Phoenix .... ye kambahqth kaam itna hain ki pursat hi nahin milti ! :)